Guard Up’s Wizards & Warriors and Zombie STEM Summer Camps are the summer camps we all wanted to attend as a kid – where instead of watching movies or playing video games about heroes, mythological creatures, treasure and adventure, we get to live it! Kids spend the summer playing a character of their own design, fighting monsters (with foam swords or NERF Blasters), and solving mysteries.
Buried within our adventures is the real treasure: Education. Potion Making class teaches introduction to chemistry. Our scrolls and spells teach kids Latin. Our Sword Master instructor our heroes in the physics of sword fighting (momentum, power, leverage, etc). Woodland Rangers share knowledge of environmental conservation. And much more.
WHAT we do…
We inspire children & teens by providing the following:
- A dynamic summer camp filled with physical interaction and constant scenarios that require teamwork, communication and compromise.
- Characters and creatures from real world mythology, literature and history which inspire kids to learn more in order to succeed at their quest.
- An ongoing, interactive storyline in which children’s decisions change the direction and outcome of the story.
HOW we do what we do…
We accomplish this by:
- “Unplugging” kids from the computer and motivating them to exercise and make friends in person.
- Educating children in a manner that is exciting and imaginative… where exploration and possibilities are endless.
- Providing an environment where a child’s actions have consequences and where their decisions can make a difference.
WHY we do what we do…
Our goal is to inspire children to become:
- Lifelong learners who search for the opportunity to grow – even after school is done.
- Heroes who want to make a difference in the real world – at the local or largest level possible.
Play is practice for real life.
If you are interested in purchasing a license for a Guard Up Summer Camp at your school, recreation center, or other facility, please consider the requirements listed below. If you believe that you are able to accommodate our summer camps, please read through the list of requirements and fill out the form below. We would love to talk to you!
Interested in a License? If you already have a location and staff, then please fill out the form below.
If you do not already have a location and staff, the best way to approach starting a Wizards & Warriors Camp license is to first spend a summer working at our camp in Massachusetts. This will allow you to experience first hand what you and your staff can expect when you have your own location. During the summer, you will also have an assessment available to you which will help both you and the company decide if a license opportunity is appropriate going forward. If so, your next step would be to find a Host location for the following summer and begin the process setting up a day camp (we do not license our overnight programs at this time). Once you are set, a contract is drawn up, fees paid, and we will come out and train your staff in our curriculum and methods. We will also provide you with sourcing for costuming, foam weapons, and even monsters.
If you are interested in purchasing a license of a Guard Up STEM Summer Camp, please fill out the form below.